Cons and pros for cage farming are just like the two corners of the coin. In this article, we are going to reveal the cons and pros for cage farming and provide a tutorial for the right people to decide.
Cage culture has many characters like flexibility, efficiency and high yield. Fish cage is easy to set up and the fish can grow up quickly. The fish cage is usually not large. When the water territory is not good for fish, people can quickly move to another area. By moving to another place, people can continue fish breeding and avoid property loss. These changes are usually caused by terrible wind, pollution or water level. Generally, the net cages are set in larger water or in smaller quantities. There is only one fishnet between the in and the out. The culture environment is very close to true nature. The water flow can pass through the fishing net. The bait and metabolites can be discharged through the mesh. So that a living water environment can be formed inside the cage. Thus, the dissolved oxygen and plankton inside the cage are very rich. It meets the needs of the breeding. It also provides the essence for efficient and efficient culture. Meanwhile, fish cage culture is the same with poultry cage farming. The livestock is restricted to a very small area. It limits the activity consumption. The energy consumption decrease correspondingly, making livestock grow faster. Below we are going to provide full details about the cons and pros for cage farming.
First, the advantages of cage culture
(1) It makes full use of natural bait and water. People can raise the silver carps and tilapia in the reservoirs, ponds and lakes. With it, people can reduce bait consumption by dropping less or even zero bait.
(2) It can save the land and labour cost for digging ponds. With one time investment, people can recover all the investment after one year. Yet the cage can be used for five to six years under normal conditions.
(3) Fish cages can be used in a wide range of water areas, such as lakes, rivers, reservoirs and other places. In this territory, no extra construction is required.
(4) Net cage culture provides superior water quality. Mostly the cage is installed in areas with slight water flow. The dissolved oxygen in water can be maintained at more than 5 milligrams per litre. Fish excrement can be quickly discharged out of the cage. It ensures good water environment. Moreover, the fish in the box is restricted to a smaller environment. Inside the environment, there will be less heat loss and more sufficient bait. The growth rate of fish is faster and the feeding cycle is short. The breeding products grow fast and have high quality.
(5) cage culture is flexible and convenient for breeding and management. In particular, the floating cage can leave the unsuitable water anytime. It can raise livestock nomadically. It is convenient for commercial fishes to sell on the market. Also, it is conducive to the transportation and management of live fish. During the production process, fish movement and feeding can be observed at any time. The fish disease can be treated in time.
(6) cage culture can be controlled to reproduce. If tilapia is inhibited under high density, gonadal is also conducive to growth without a male.
(7) There are several types of aquaculture or species. They can be combined in a single water region. Meanwhile, the management and products are still separate.
(8) Cage culture is like a storehouse in the water. For sales, it is being listed on demand. Sell the living with demands.
Two, the defects of cage culture
(1) cage culture is limited by many natural conditions. If the water level is too shallow or too volatile, it is not suitable for cage farming. Also, it has to keep enough water and dissolved oxygen.
(2) The cage needs to be cleaned regularly. Net clothing should be washed frequently to remove the attachment. It can keep the mesh open. This ensures the smooth excretion out of the box.
(3) The feed may be lost through the net. So the net cage should be checked regularly. Preventing fishes from escaping is a daily task.
As we can see, the cons and pros for cage farming all exist. You can’t just take the cons and ignore the pros. What do you think? Leave your comments!