The culture cage structures are basically referring to the cage material bill. This is very important for the buyers and fisher people. In this blog, we are going to list all the culture cage structures for your reference.
The culture cage structures generally include nets, frames, fixed piles, floats, sinkers, anchors and underwater piles. In some areas, it is designed with a device that can sink under the waters. That is to prevent wind waves from attacking the net. Also, a floating dock, which is good for management and operation, should also be placed in the waters.
This is the most important factor for culture cage structures. The net should be tough and firm. Fish is not easy to escape. It should be easy to operate and inexpensive. Normally net is made of logs, bamboo, metal mesh, synthetic fibre and other materials.
(1) The original net cage was made of logs or moso bamboo directly. They are inexpensive and easy to get. They have been used for a long time. The advantage is its thickness. It can prevent enemy species from attacking and living fish escaping. The disadvantage is its short life cycle. At present, it has been basically eliminated.
(2) Metal mesh is usually made of wire or rolled by the steel plate. The net is strong and can prevent enemy species from attacking. But it is easy to rust. It can be antirust by paint or coating. Due to the high cost and complex assembly, this type has been basically eliminated.
(3) Compared with natural fibres, synthetic fibres are made from synthetic materials. They are not subject to natural conditions. Synthetic fibres are characterized by high strength and lightweight. They have the advantage of easy washing, quick drying and good elasticity.
The function of the frame is to fix the box. It makes the box open and maintains a certain shape. The material of the frame is usually bamboo, wood, steel tube and plastic pipe and. The design of the frame is quite different based on aquaculture objects and water areas.
3. Buoyancy device
The float is a device that can make the cage system float in the water. It makes the cage float on the water and keeps a certain shape. It is often used as plastic bucket and plastic float. The frame made of bamboo and wood also uses as a float.
The sink is a device that makes the cage sink and opens. So the cage is not affected by the wind and waves. It maintains a certain shape in the water. Generally, the materials are with high density. They are such as sandbags, stones, cement blocks, iron blocks and lead blocks. The lead blocks are dense and antirust. But the price is higher. Iron is also dense and its cost is lower. But it is easy to rust and damage the net.
5. Fixed device
A fixed device is a device for fixing a cage in the waters. Usually, people use anchor, rope, bamboo pile, cement pile and other accessories. The fixed net cage is usually fixed with bamboo pile or cement pile. One end of the rope is attached to the angle of the net cage. Another end is attached to the pile head under water. The rope should be longer. So the cage is not immersed in the water when the water level is raised and down. The floating cage is usually fixed with iron anchor. The size of the anchor is usually determined by the water flow and fish size. The anchor rope usually uses iron chain, polyethylene rope and white brown rope.
6. Floating dock
(1) To feed, operate and manage easily, the cage and the embankment must be connected by bridge. The bridge consists of foot pile, beam and springboard. The foot, beam, and springboard are generally made of wood.
(2) Floating Wharf Floating Wharf uses cans or gasoline tank as floats. Empty boats and anchors can be used as floating wharf in large aquaculture farms as well. It can be used as a management room, providing rest and storage.
7. The accessory equipments
(1) bottom net
The bottom of the net cage should be equipped with a net. It can improve the utilization of the bait, reduce the loss of the bait and get a better feed coefficient.
(2) Food table Food table is the place where fish bait. The table is usually square. The table can be made of wood board. The bait is put into the middle of the table. So the bait slowly sinks down vertically. And the fish can eat at the bottom. These devices are very important for cage feeding. It can effectively improve the bait utilization and reduce the feed coefficient.
8. Other subsidiary facilities
The culture cage structures are generally required some necessary tools to support.
(1) Small boats
It is used for transportation and feed. It can be a motor or non motor boat.
(2) Washing machine
Put into water for years, the cage is easy to be attached with algae. It might cause poor water flow in the cage. The high-pressure spray gun is used to wash the net. Use high pressure water pump to clean the cage. Rinse it after hanging on the road.
(3) Bait machine
It is suitable for the freshwater cage. The feeding area is large. The bait is evenly spread, which is conducive to fish. It can improve the bait performance and reduce the feed coefficient.
(4) Meat winch machine
Cut the bait into slice.
(5) Freezing equipment
When fresh fish is used as bait, freezing equipment can be used as cold storage.
It is used for emergency in cage culture. When a strong wind comes, some sandbags can be put into the cage. It can prevent the cage from being blown away by the wind.
(7) Phyllostachys pubescens
It is also mainly used to reinforce the cage. In summer, the cage should be inserted in some bamboo. It can resist the storm.
(8) Spare mesh
It is used for repairing when the cage is damaged.
(9) Oxygen increasing facilities
The water flow is seasonal, it can be equipped with oxygen facilities for water farming.