Farming cage classification is important when you are looking for right cages for the right culture. Without a doubt, the right cage should be for right fish. In this blog, we are going to review farming cage classification.
(1) The farming cage classification can be divided into the large net cage, medium-sized net cage and small net cage according to size. The large net-cage area is generally 60 square meters above. The middle net-cage area generally is 30~60 square meters. The small cage generally is below 30 square meters.
1. The characteristics of the large cage are less material and low cost. But it is with poor water exchange and low single production. Also, it is with heavy weight and poor wind resistance. It is difficult to check the damage. At the same time, it is not easy to observe the production situation, clean the attachments and catch fish.
2. The middle size cage is between large and small. It has the characteristics of low cost and medium material. Also, it is a convenient operation and easy to manage. In a word, it has more advantages than a large one. It is the preferred type in breeding production.
3. The water exchange for the small cage is good. It is high yield and easy to operate, prevent disease and wash the cage. And it is also easy to catch fish. But, there are also some disadvantages along. The main one is the high cost. And the loss of feed is greater during bait feeding.
(2) The farming cage classification can be divided into closed and open type. The closed cage is generally for filter feeding, large water culture and overwinters feeding. The open net cage is generally used to breed feeding and fewer wave waters.
(3) The farming cage classification can be divided into the fixed net cage, floating net cage and sink net cage according to set up.
1. for the fixed cage: the upper part of the box is exposed to the water surface. The four corners are fixed with a firm and firm pile. The upper part of the cage is about 1 meters above the water. The bottom is away from the bottom mud. This type of net cage is relatively stable because of its fixed piles. It can be installed in the areas of big waves and urgent waters.
2. for Floating cage is the one which can float up and down with the water level. its effective volume will not change even water level changes. It is suitable for the reservoir and lake with the smaller water and less wind and wave.
3. sink type net box: the whole net box is submerged under water. This kind of net box is suitable to be set up in large waters. It is less used in fresh water. The cage should be completely closed. It is suitable for filter feeding.